One of the many quotes from my mother in law and one that we live by in this family.
I wasn’t aware of my sleeping habits until I had children and then it hit me like a thunderbolt. The effect of sleep deprivation is horrendous.
Our sleeping patterns have changed over the past 30years or so and many think it’s for the worse.
The western hemisphere has the worse sleeping patterns on the planet, we sleep less and our quality of sleep has decreased.
Why you need good sleep
- In both children & adults, poor sleep is associated with increased risk of weight & obesity
- Good sleep can enhance memory & maximize your problem-solving skills.
- Scarily the less good sleep you get the increased risk of heart disease & stroke goes up.
- Those with sleeping disorders are more likely to show signs of depression
- When we sleep we heal – getting the sleep you need can improve your immune function.
- Sleep deprivation affects the way we interact with people usually in a negative way. We’re tired and cranky.
Ignore your sleep at your peril as you simply cannot be healthy & happy when you don’t have enough sleep.
No Caffeine or Decaffeinated – is there a difference?
“Decaffeinated” does not mean 100% caffeine free. Most ground coffee still has between 5-10% caffeine so be careful about your choice of coffee.
Test the amount of caffeine you drink – if you have an adverse reaction then reduce it or cut it out.
But then that goes for everything we humans do be it relationships, jobs, exercise.
I say “If it hurts don’t do it” 🤗